Close Menu
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Featured Stories

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

August 21, 2026

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026
Load More
What's Hot

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

August 21, 2026

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team
  • Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up
  • Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year
  • James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs
  • Jeanie Buss and the path to 15 percent that just got even harder to find
  • Walmart finally caves on the feature shoppers begged for
  • Bazemore says athletes should wait to marry and here’s why
  • Walmart beats big but its stock tumbles 9%: what the numbers hide
  • Culture
  • Money
  • World
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Black TimesBlack Times
Subscribe
Saturday, August 22
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Black TimesBlack Times
Home»Sports

Terrion Arnold clears waivers, becomes free agent amid felony case

Shekari PhilemonBy Shekari PhilemonJuly 7, 2026 Sports No Comments3 Mins Read
Bridgewater
photo credit: shutterstock.com/D'Avril Grant
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Terrion Arnold, the former Detroit Lions cornerback who was released after being arrested on felony charges of armed robbery and kidnapping, cleared waivers on Monday and became a free agent, opening the door for any NFL team to sign him despite the serious legal case still pending in Florida.

Arnold, 23, is expected to visit teams that have expressed interest in adding him, a development that reflects the ongoing demand for cornerback talent even around players carrying significant legal uncertainty. He was released from custody last week after posting the $1 million bond that had been set by a Florida judge following his arrest.

The bond conditions affecting his availability

The conditions attached to Arnold’s bond create a specific framework within which any NFL employment would need to operate. He is prohibited from having contact with the six co-defendants or the witnesses in the case, confined to his Tallahassee, Florida residence except for specific exceptions, and required to surrender his passport. The exceptions to his residential confinement include playing, training, and traveling with an NFL team, as well as court-related appearances and legal appointments.

That carve-out for NFL activities was specifically written into the bond conditions, making it legally possible for Arnold to participate in a new team’s training and regular-season activities while his case moves through the courts. A team signing him would need to operate with the understanding that he could face additional legal proceedings that might require his presence in Florida, and that the criminal case could produce outcomes ranging from acquittal to conviction during or after a potential NFL season.

What Arnold is accused of

Prosecutors allege that Arnold orchestrated the abduction and beating of three men he wrongly believed had stolen luxury goods and cash from him at an Airbnb property in the Tampa area. Arnold turned himself in on June 24 after authorities identified him as the alleged primary organizer of the scheme, though prosecutors acknowledge he was not physically present when his associates carried out the assault.

Six co-defendants have been charged in connection with the same incident, with two having already pleaded guilty. The remaining four are being held without bond. Arnold’s defense has contested the prosecution’s characterization of his involvement, arguing that the evidence linking him to the planning and directing of the assault is insufficient. His bond was granted after the judge found that prosecutors had not yet demonstrated a strong enough case to justify pretrial detention.

His career trajectory and what comes next

Arnold had been selected by Detroit in the first round of the 2024 draft out of Alabama and was positioned to start at outside cornerback for the Lions heading into the 2026 season before his arrest ended that opportunity. He had two years and $4.8 million remaining on his rookie contract at the time of his release, representing a significant commitment the Lions walked away from given the circumstances.

Any team that signs Arnold will be acquiring a first-round talent at a position of perennial scarcity, with the understanding that his legal situation introduces a level of risk and uncertainty that will require careful management. The NFL’s personal conduct policy gives the league authority to place players on the commissioner’s exempt list or impose suspensions based on ongoing legal proceedings, which could further affect his availability even if a team chooses to sign him.

The outcome of the criminal case in Florida will ultimately determine the long-term arc of Arnold’s NFL career.

armed robbery bond conditions cornerback detroit lions felony charges free agent kidnapping NFL NFL personal conduct Terrion Arnold
Shekari Philemon

Keep Reading

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs

Jeanie Buss and the path to 15 percent that just got even harder to find

Peyton Watson trade and what the Cavaliers gave up to get him

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Our Picks
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
Don't Miss

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

Sports August 21, 2026

The Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints have each been fined $500,000 by the NFL…

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026

James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Editors Picks
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Money
  • Sports
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz