Close Menu
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Featured Stories

Usher and Chris Brown add 8 shows to a $101M sellout run

August 18, 2026

State Farm is sending $5B back — are you owed money?

August 18, 2026

Williams sisters are back in doubles and the first match back was worth watching

August 18, 2026
Load More
What's Hot

Usher and Chris Brown add 8 shows to a $101M sellout run

August 18, 2026

State Farm is sending $5B back — are you owed money?

August 18, 2026

Williams sisters are back in doubles and the first match back was worth watching

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Usher and Chris Brown add 8 shows to a $101M sellout run
  • State Farm is sending $5B back — are you owed money?
  • Williams sisters are back in doubles and the first match back was worth watching
  • Za’Darius Smith and his 70-plus career sacks land in Atlanta for $6 million
  • Roger Goodell says NFL teams outside the US are inevitable
  • Why Spurs arena gets council clearance to proceed without a citywide vote
  • Clippers probe shifts to sponsor introductions as no smoking gun found
  • Meta stock: why is the share price sliding sharply today?
  • Culture
  • Money
  • World
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Black TimesBlack Times
Subscribe
Wednesday, August 19
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Black TimesBlack Times
Home»News

US forces rescue one F-15 airman on Iranian territory

One airman rescued alive on Iranian soil. The search for the second is turning desperate as Iran offers a bounty for capture
Gesi LloydBy Gesi LloydApril 3, 2026 News No Comments4 Mins Read
US forces. Iran, Rescue
Photocredit: Shutterstock/KelseyJ
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
US special forces rescued one of the two crew members of a downed F-15 fighter jet from Iranian territory Today, according to an Israeli official and a second source with direct knowledge of the situation. The rescued airman was found alive. The search for the second crew member remains active, with both American forces and Iranian authorities now racing to reach them first.

The two crew members ejected safely after their aircraft was struck by Iranian fire, the sources said. The F-15E Strike Eagle, which carries a pilot and a weapons systems officer, went down over Iran in what US officials confirmed was the first American fighter jet lost to enemy fire since the war began more than a month ago.

Iran is offering a bounty

Iranian authorities wasted little time turning the situation into a public manhunt. A regional governor in southwestern Iran issued a public call for residents to assist in locating the crew, and a representative of local merchants and businesses was reportedly offering the equivalent of $60,000 to anyone who found them. Iranian state television urged civilians in the area to report any sightings to police, and some outlets went further, with on-screen messages encouraging locals to take direct action against US aircraft spotted in the region.

Iranian state media and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed responsibility for bringing down the jet, attributing it to a new advanced air defense system operated by the IRGC Aerospace Force. The Pentagon and the White House did not immediately issue a formal response to those claims, though White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed that President Donald Trump had been briefed on the incident.

Israel paused strikes to help

Israel is actively assisting the US effort to locate the second crew member, providing intelligence support to guide the search, the Israeli official said. In a significant operational decision, Israel cancelled planned strikes inside Iran to avoid interfering with the ongoing rescue mission, a move that underscores how seriously both governments are treating the situation.

The cooperation between Washington and Jerusalem on the search reflects the broader nature of the campaign, which has been a joint American-Israeli effort from the start. That partnership has focused heavily on targeting and degrading Iran’s missile defense infrastructure, but Friday’s events made clear that Tehran has retained meaningful capability to threaten US aircraft operating in its airspace.

What the wreckage revealed

Aviation experts who examined images published by Iranian outlets identified the downed aircraft as an F-15, based on tail markings consistent with the 48th Fighter Wing, which is based at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk, England. The wing operates several squadrons of F-15 Strike Eagles and F-35A Lightning II jets and serves as the largest US fighter operation in Europe, functioning as a primary staging hub for American air missions into the Middle East.

This is not the first time F-15Es have been lost during the conflict. Three were shot down earlier in the war by Kuwaiti air defenses in a friendly fire incident. A separate F-35 made an emergency landing at a US base in the region on March 19 after sustaining damage, though the military stopped short of confirming Iranian involvement in that case. Thirteen Americans have been killed during the campaign in total.

A moment that changes the calculus

The loss of the jet and the ongoing search for its second crew member arrive at a delicate point in the conflict. Trump has been publicly declaring progress and pressing Iran to accept a negotiated end to the war, while simultaneously threatening further escalation if Tehran does not reopen the Strait of Hormuz. The rescue of one airman offers a measure of relief, but the situation on the ground in Iran remains fluid and the outcome for the second crew member is far from certain.

air defense Donald Trump F-15 Iran war IRGC Israel Karoline Leavitt RAF Lakenheath rescue mission US military
Gesi Lloyd

Keep Reading

State Farm is sending $5B back — are you owed money?

Grandfather charged after boat crash kills 2 grandchildren

Indiana flood death toll hits six as a 113 year record falls

Solar eclipse could drop temperatures 14 degrees this week

2 Dead After Boat Capsizes Near Liberty Island

ICE cameras arrive as vehicle shooting deaths mount

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Our Picks
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
Don't Miss

Usher and Chris Brown add 8 shows to a $101M sellout run

Entertainment August 18, 2026

The biggest R&B spectacle of the year just refused to slow down. Usher and Chris…

State Farm is sending $5B back — are you owed money?

August 18, 2026

Williams sisters are back in doubles and the first match back was worth watching

August 18, 2026

Za’Darius Smith and his 70-plus career sacks land in Atlanta for $6 million

August 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Editors Picks
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Money
  • Sports
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz