Close Menu
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Featured Stories

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

August 21, 2026

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026
Load More
What's Hot

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

August 21, 2026

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team
  • Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up
  • Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year
  • James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs
  • Jeanie Buss and the path to 15 percent that just got even harder to find
  • Walmart finally caves on the feature shoppers begged for
  • Bazemore says athletes should wait to marry and here’s why
  • Walmart beats big but its stock tumbles 9%: what the numbers hide
  • Culture
  • Money
  • World
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Black TimesBlack Times
Subscribe
Saturday, August 22
  • Business
  • Education
    • Science
  • HBCU
  • Music
  • Politics
  • Tech
Black TimesBlack Times
Home»Sports

Joe Tippmann signs $62M extension keeping him a Jet through 2030

Shekari PhilemonBy Shekari PhilemonJune 15, 2026 Sports No Comments3 Mins Read
Tippmann
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The New York Jets have secured one of their most reliable young offensive linemen, agreeing to a four-year, $62 million contract extension with right guard Joe Tippmann that keeps him under contract through the 2030 season and removes him from what would have been a competitive free agent market next year.

Tippmann, 25, was entering the final year of his rookie deal and was widely viewed as one of the more attractive interior offensive linemen available in the upcoming offseason class. The Jets moved to prevent that scenario by locking him in at $15.5 million per year on average, a figure that ranks him 15th among guards across the league. The deal includes $31 million in new guarantees and is structured with guaranteed money running through 2028.

Durability and versatility define his value

Tippmann has appeared in all but one game across his three NFL seasons, a reliability that holds particular value for an offensive line where continuity matters enormously. He entered the league as a center, playing the position throughout his 2023 rookie year and in portions of the following season, before transitioning to right guard on a full-time basis in 2025. The ability to play multiple positions along the interior adds depth and flexibility to whatever the Jets need from him week to week.

He has logged more than 800 snaps in each of his three seasons and has accumulated 48 starts. His pass protection metrics ranked in the middle tier among guards last season, leaving room for growth while reflecting a player who has been consistently functional at the NFL level since arriving as a second-round pick.

Part of a broader retention strategy

The Tippmann extension is the latest in a deliberate effort by the Jets’ current front office and coaching staff to hold on to the young players they believe in rather than let the draft investment walk out the door. In May the team brought back running back Breece Hall on a three-year deal. Last year the organization extended wide receiver Garrett Wilson, tight end Jeremy Ruckert, and center Josh Myers among others, though cornerback Sauce Gardner was subsequently traded to Indianapolis in a deal that returned two first-round picks and a wide receiver.

The accumulation of extensions has produced an offensive roster that is now almost entirely committed through at least 2027. Every offensive starter with the exception of quarterback Geno Smith is under contract for the foreseeable future. The three anchors of the offensive line, Tippmann at right guard, Olu Fashanu at left tackle, and Armand Membou at right tackle, are all secured, giving the Jets a degree of continuity in the trenches that has been difficult to establish in recent years.

What it means for the Jets going forward

General manager Darren Mougey and head coach Aaron Glenn are now in their second year running the organization, and the pattern of their roster decisions has become legible. They are building around young players they drafted or inherited and choosing to pay them before the open market forces their hand. That approach carries financial commitment and some risk, but it also creates the kind of roster stability that allows an offense to develop chemistry and predictability over time.

For Tippmann, the extension is a validation of three seasons of steady professional development and a reward for the durability that kept him available when it mattered. For the Jets, it is another piece of a puzzle they are still assembling, but assembling with increasing deliberateness.

aaron glenn Breece Hall contract extension Darren Mougey guard Joe Tippmann new york jets NFL NFL contracts offensive line
Shekari Philemon

Keep Reading

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs

Jeanie Buss and the path to 15 percent that just got even harder to find

Peyton Watson trade and what the Cavaliers gave up to get him

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Our Picks
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
Don't Miss

Cowboys Saints joint practice fight draws a $500K fine for each team

Sports August 21, 2026

The Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints have each been fined $500,000 by the NFL…

Elena Rybakina and the night both top seeds fell and the draw opened up

August 21, 2026

Jannik Sinner and the US Open he will not be defending this year

August 21, 2026

James Harden returns to Cleveland and what his new deal says about the Cavs

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Editors Picks
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Money
  • Sports
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz